The growing penetration of smartphones and affordable data plans has set the stage for a wide range of independent over-the-top (OTT) communications solutions that allow free messaging, voice and video calls from anywhere, resulting in a negative impact on the traffic and revenues of service providers worldwide. Rather than resisting the inevitable shift to IP communications, service providers and MVNOs have chosen to embrace the new technology and launch a service of their own.
GENBAND’s white-label, cloud-based OTT solution allows service providers to embrace this new technology and quickly launch a service of their own. With GENBAND’s OTT Solution, service providers and enterprises can deliver phone calls, SMS, voice, video, chat and conferencing applications to drive traffic onto their networks and retain subscribers
The GENBAND OTT solution allows carriers, MSOs and MVNOs to take advantage of a telco-grade cloud network and a suite of applications to extend their network’s reach and deploy an IP communication and telephony service quickly and with low risk. Through intimate network integration, "Telecom OTT" services can deliver a user experience that is vastly superior to what any independent OTT service can provide. In addition, since operators already have a billing relationship with their users, they can easily bundle new free or premium services to existing service plans
The GENBAND OTT Solution has unique advantages that include:
- Transparent routing of calls between telephony and IP networks allows users to use their existing phone numbers to initiate or receive calls on the device of their choice, be it a home phone, a smartphone or tablet application or a web app running on a laptop or desktop computer.
- Extend an operator’s “coverage” beyond the physical reach of their network and reach a user over any IP network anywhere in the world.
- A white label service that allows carriers and MVNOs to launch their own brand of OTT service for telephony and other communications services.
- Ease of bundling new free or premium services to existing service plans.
- A multi-device solution that is optimized for mobile.