GENBAND is a global leader in real time communications software solutions for service providers, enterprises, independent software vendors, systems integrators and developers in over 80 countries. Its market-leading Network Modernization, Unified Communications, Mobility and Embedded Communications solutions enable customers to quickly capitalize on growing market segments and introduce differentiating products, applications and services. GENBAND is headquartered in Frisco, Texas and has operations, R&D and resources around the globe that provide world-class support and services for its vast customer base.
Real Time Communications Without Boundaries
GENBAND’s real time communications solutions help its customers connect people to each other and address the growing demands of today’s consumers and businesses for real time communications wherever they happen to be. The company’s comprehensive solutions suite empowers its customers to enrich their service offerings with real time contextual communications, providing a richer, more engaging user experience. GENBAND’s technology is deployable in the network, on premise or through the cloud.
GENBAND’s comprehensive products range from our market-leading media gateways and call session controllers to the latest in embedded communications and WebRTC capabilities, and our one-of-a-kind Kandy Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). The company’s other leading product offers include a range of Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSC) and a Wireless Access Gateway (WAG). The marketing-leading EXPERiUS Application Server delivers unified communications and intelligent messaging to the top enterprises and service providers around the globe.
Since being founded in 1999, GENBAND has an enviable record of growth, starting from a single product start-up and growing into one of the largest global software and communications technology companies in the world. GENBAND’s growth has been achieved organically by offering innovative, scalable software and technology platforms to communications service providers, enterprises, independent software vendors and systems integrators in growing market segments. GENBAND has also undergone considerable transformation through a series of targeted corporate and technology acquisitions, as well as strategic partnerships. The company is guided by an aggressive, forward-thinking leadership team that is focused on continual innovation and providing its global customer base with best-in-class solutions and services.
- 2015 – GENBAND Launches the fring Alliance
- 2014 – GENBAND Launches Kandy Platform-as-a-Service
- 2014 – GENBAND Launches Enterprise Solutions
- 2013 – GENBAND Acquires fring (OTT)
- 2013 – David Walsh named President, CEO and Chairman
- 2012 – GENBAND Ranked No.1 on The Wall Street Journal List of Top 50 Venture Backed Companies
- 2012 – GENBAND Acquires Aztek Networks (IP Switching)
- 2011 – GENBAND Acquires Cedar Point Communications (IP Switching for Cable Market)
- 2010 – David Walsh named Chairman of the Board
- 2010 – GENBAND Named Leading Carrier IP Softswitch Supplier in North America, with more than 60% Revenue Share
- 2010 – GENBAND Named #1 Supplier in the Global Service Provider VoIP Market (Softswitches, Media Gateways, Session Border Controllers, Media Servers and Applications)
- 2010 – GENBAND Acquires Nortel Carrier Voice and Applications Solutions (IP Switching)
- 2009 – GENBAND Acquires Nokia Siemens Networks Product Units (Trunking Media Gateways)
- 2008 – GENBAND Acquires NextPoint Networks (SBC/Security)
- 2007 – GENBAND Acquires TEKELEC Switching Solutions Group (IP Switching)
- 2006 – General Bandwidth becomes GENBAND
- 2006 – GENBAND Acquires Siemens DCO Business (IP Switching)
- 1999 – Company founded as General Bandwidth