Communications service providers expect network functions virtualization (NFV) solutions to drive efficiencies, improve service agility and fundamentally change the way they do business. By consolidating networking functions onto virtualized, cloud-based offerings, providers can reduce proprietary hardware dependencies, contain CAPEX and OPEX, and increase service velocity. GENBAND’s network functions virtualization solution fully supports the key elasticity, scalability and orchestration tenets for cloud and virtualized environments as specified by ETSI.
Virtual Network Functions
GENBAND’s differentiated Virtual Network Functions (VNF) portfolio includes fully virtualized, high-performance communications signaling, control and media management solutions including Session Border Controller, Applications Server, WebRTC, Wireless Access Gateways, Intelligent Messaging and Session Routing solutions. An intelligent VNF Management framework and open APIs enable seamless interworking with other network functions virtualization and cloud infrastructure components. GENBAND is working closely with leading industry ecosystems including Intel, WindRiver, HP, Nokia and Alcatel Lucent to deliver tightly integrated and differentiated end-to-end NFV solutions.
Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) Made Easy
Advantages of Network Function Virtualization:
- Contain CAPEX and OPEX and accelerate service agility by consolidating and virtualizing network functions
- Avoid proprietary hardware and vendor lock-in
- Wide-ranging solution portfolio includes SBCs, Applications Server, WebRTC, Wireless Access Gateway, Intelligent Messaging and Session Routing.
- Intelligent VNF management framework and open APIs streamline interworking
- Graceful migration path avoids “rip and replace” network transformations
- Flexible licensing plans accommodate elastic services and on-demand applications