GENBAND Day - The Power of You
As part of our longstanding Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts and continued commitment to fostering a year-round spirit of volunteerism this year during our seventh annual Global Day of Service, GENBAND employees will participate in volunteer activities scheduled in more than 20 countries. Our employees have big hearts and give back to our communities in many different ways around the globe. GENBAND employees also organize donation drives, volunteer events and fundraisers all throughout the year. We encourage making a difference through contributions and supporting many organizations globally including Habitat for Humanity, the Ottawa Food Bank, EL MEXICANITO Institute in Mexico, the Sequela Therapy Centre in the UK, The Children's Advocacy Center of Collin County, The Peace Ranch in Toronto, Andrew Food Bank in Taiwan and LAR BATISTA ESPERANÇA in Brazil.
What is GENBAND Day?
GENBAND Day, taking place on June 1st every year, is a Global Day of Service during which GENBAND's global employee base participates in volunteer activities benefiting non-profit agencies and organizations all around the world.
How did GENBAND Day come about?
On June 1, 2010, GENBAND executives made June 1st a global company holiday. GENBAND employees subsequently recommended transforming the holiday into a global day of community service. Since the inception of its Global Day of Service, GENBAND employees have dedicated more than 60,000 hours of community service. During its seventh annual Global Day of Service, employees will participate in volunteer activities in more than 20 countries.
What organizations are GENBAND employees assisting?
GENBAND employees around the world assist and serve organizations that range from well-known charities like Habitat for Humanity, Special Olympics and the Humane Society to local organizations such as the Ottawa Food Bank, EL MEXICANITO Institute in Mexico, the Sequela Therapy Centre in the UK, The Children's Advocacy Center of Collin County, The Peace Ranch in Toronto, Andrew Food Bank in Taiwan and LAR BATISTA ESPERANÇA in Brazil.
Why did GENBAND employees select these organizations?
At GENBAND we want to foster a year-round spirit of volunteerism, consistently contributing to our local communities. Our employees selected various charities because many of them have been involved with several of these organizations in the past, either as recipients of services or as volunteers. We also look for charities that were "close to home", so we could give back to the communities that support and sustain us on a daily basis.
Frisco and Plano, Texas
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve Clean-up
- Power of YOU Walk for a Cause
- Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County (Toiletries for Teens)
- Frisco Family Services
- Minnie’s Food Pantry
- Plano Animal Shelter
- Plano Community Garden
- Restore (Habitat for Humanity North Collin County)
- The Family Place Resale Shop
- The Plaza Senior Living Center
- Humane Society for Greater Nashua Animal Shelter
- Newburyport Beach clean-up
- Restore (Habitat for Humanity)
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Durham Food Bank
- Durham Museum of Life and Science
- Fifth Annual Charity Golf Tournament Benefiting Meg’s Smile
- Special Olympics
- Survivor Joe Bracelet Making
- United Way – Teaming for Technology
Other US Regional Offices Volunteer Activities
- GrowNYC (New York)
- Habitat for Humanity (Ft. Lauderdale)
- Laumeir Sculpture Park (St. Louis, Missouri)
- The Salvation Army – Southern California (Los Angeles)
Ottawa, Toronto and Canadian Regional Offices
- Maisonnette des Parents (Montreal)
- Ottawa Boccia Club
- Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
- Ottawa Community Housing
- Ottawa Food Bank
- Ottawa Humane Society
- Silver Springs Farm (Ottawa)
- The Debra Dynes Family House (Ottawa)
- The Ottawa Mission
- The Peace Ranch (Toronto)
- The Shepherds of Good Hope (Ottawa)
- West Ottawa Community Resource Centre
Regional Offices in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
Asia Pacific Regional Offices
Caribbean and Latin America Offices
- EL MEXICANITO Institute (Mexico)
- Lar Batista Esperança (Brazil)
- Santa Isabel Casa de Repouso (Brazil)