GENBAND Day - Compassion to Action
As part of our longstanding Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts and continued commitment to fostering a year-round spirit of volunteerism this year during our sixth annual Global Day of Service, GENBAND employees will participate in more than 75 volunteer activities scheduled in more than 25 countries. Our employees have big hearts and give back to our communities in many different ways around the globe. GENBAND employees also organize donation drives, volunteer events and fundraisers all throughout the year. We encourage making a difference through contributions and supporting many organizations globally including Habitat for Humanity, The Galway Hospice, The Animal Sanctuary UK, Special Olympics, Ottawa Community Housing, The Society for the Relief of Disabled Children, La Casa del Arbol de la Vida and Lar dos Velhinhos de Campinas.
What is GENBAND Day?
GENBAND Day, taking place on June 1st every year, is a Global Day of Service during which GENBAND's global employee base participates in volunteer activities benefiting non-profit agencies and organizations all around the world.
How did GENBAND Day come about?
On June 1, 2010, GENBAND executives made June 1st a global company holiday. GENBAND employees subsequently recommended transforming the holiday into a global day of community service. Since the inception of its Global Day of Service, GENBAND employees have dedicated more than 50,000 hours of community service. During its sixth annual Global Day of Service, employees will participate in more than 75 volunteer activities in more than 25 countries.
What organizations are GENBAND employees assisting?
GENBAND employees around the world assist and serve organizations that range from well-known charities like Habitat for Humanity, Special Olympics and the Salvation Army to local organizations such as the Ottawa Food Bank, Galway Hospice, The Animal Sanctuary UK, The Peace Ranch in Toronto, The Society for the Relief of Disabled Children in Hong Kong, La Casa del Arbol de la Vida in Mexico and Lar dos Velhinhos de Campinas in Brazil.
Why did GENBAND employees select these organizations?
At GENBAND we want to foster a year-round spirit of volunteerism, consistently contributing to our local communities. Our employees selected various charities because many of them have been involved with several of these organizations in the past, either as recipients of services or as volunteers. We also look for charities that were "close to home", so we could give back to the communities that support and sustain us on a daily basis.
Frisco and Plano, Texas
- Adopt-a-Street clean-up
- Compassion to Action Walk for a Cause
- Dallas Zoo
- Frisco Family Services
- Habitat for Humanity Restore
- Minnie’s Food Pantry
- Plano Animal Shelter
- Plano Community Garden
- Plano Parks & Recreation clean-up – Oak Point
- Survivor Joe Bracelet Making
- The Plaza Senior Living Center
- Town of Newbury Port Beach clean-up
- Little Community Farm field work
- Restore (Habitat for Humanity)
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Chatham County Junior Appalachian Musicians JAM Camp
- Durham Food Bank
- Durham Museum of Life and Science
- Hope Reins
- Special Olympics
- Survivor Joe Bracelet Making
- Triangle Heart
- United Way – Teaming for Technology
Other US Regional Offices Volunteer Activities
- GrowNYC (New York)
- Habitat for Humanity (Ft. Lauderdale)
- Queeny Park Gardening (St. Louis, Missouri)
Ottawa, Toronto and Canadian Regional Offices
- Crystal Bay Center for Special Education (Ottawa)
- Maissonnette des Parents (Montreal)
- Ottawa Boccia Club
- Ottawa Community Housing
- Ottawa Food Bank
- Ottawa Humane Society
- Ottawa Working Over Thyme
- Silver Springs Farm (Ottawa)
- The Debra Dynes Family House (Ottawa)
- The Peace Ranch (Toronto)
Regional Offices in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
- Ferme du Piqueur renovation work (France)
- Galway Hospice (Ireland)
- Gukovka Community Children’s Playground clean-up (Russia)
- International Kinderhaus (Germany)
- Jigsaw Galway (Ireland)
- Libera Organization (Italy)
- Mehrgenerationenhaus Markdorf (Germany)
- San Martín Church (16th Century) in Mazarulleque Village Restoration activities (Spain)
- The Animal Sanctuary UK (United Kingdom)
Asia Pacific Regional Offices
- Guan-Du Nature Park (Taiwan)
- Hong Kong Hike Trail Clean-up
- Salvation Army (Australia)
- The Society for the Relief of Disabled Children fundraising activities (Hong Kong)