Enterprise SIP Trunking adoption is steadily growing and adopted by service providers and enterprises to migrate from legacy PRIs. But, maintaining and assuring PBX Interoperability is one of the biggest challenges and cost inhibitors for service provider and enterprises with multi-PBX environments to deploy SIP Trunks. GENBAND’s QFlex is a software solution that resolves these challenges by providing proven interoperability with a wide variety of IP PBXs and other network elements.
The GENBAND QFlex uniquely resolves multi-vendor interoperability issues by utilizing pre-loaded adaptors with profiles for all major IP PBX vendors and application server platforms. This simplifies and reduces the time-to-market for service providers and enterprises to deploy SIP Trunking services, cutting the interoperability time from months to weeks. This unique interoperability approach also allows enterprises to use supplementary services such as call forwarding, transfer, and music-on-hold in a multi-vendor PBX environment, across different branch offices.
Optimized for small to mid-sized businesses and branch offices of mid-to-large enterprises, the QFlex also plays the role of a Back-to-Back User Agent (B2BUA) at the enterprise network edge and provides security, topology hiding, SIP ALGs, NAT/PAT translation, and most importantly enable service providers to remotely monitor, troubleshoot, and manage the quality of their SIP Trunking service.
QFlex features and functionality include:
- Profile-based Interoperability with all major IP PBX vendors and versions
- DoS/ DDoS Protection
- SIP over TCP to UDP transport interworking
- DTMF interworking (RFC2833, In-Band, SIP INFO)
- Trunk-specific call treatment policies
- Call Admission Control (session-based and resource-based)
- Emergency number prioritization
- QoS prioritization and reporting (jitter, latency, packet loss)
- Load balancing of traffic both on LAN and WAN sides
- Auto-discovery of QFlex by the Network Management System
- Remote management, Software upgrade/ installs, Diagnostics, Troubleshooting and Configuration SNMP and SOAP/Web Services API to integrate with Network Management System
- Flexible network-wide licensing with shared license pool management capability