The QUANTiX™ Q21 is a 2U (2 rack unit) platform for GENBAND's QUANTiX SBC, a market-leading, software-based, intelligent Session Border Controller that establishes SMART SESSIONS for fixed, mobile and cable network operators, as well as Over-the-Top (OTT) service providers and enterprises. The Q21 introduces an innovative state-of-the-art software based media processing subsystem to boost system performance. Deployed globally in some of the world’s largest networks, the QUANTiX SBC provides industry-leading scale, security, session management, policy control, and deployment flexibility to enable seamless SIP Trunking, IP eXchange (IPX), Peering, Intra-Network Interconnect, Unified Multimedia Communications, VoLTE, and RCS solutions in IMS and enterprise networks.
Software-based Session Border Controllers running on COTS hardware platforms like the Q21 provide substantial advantages over proprietary hardware implementations. “Moore's Law” advances in processing power, speed, and other hardware-related improvements on COTS platforms bring benefits of more cost-effective operations via lower acquisition and installation costs, as well as lower spares and maintenance costs. In addition, the Q21 flexibly supports both integrated and decoupled networks, enabling separation of media and signaling planes for the most cost-effective deployments.
- GENBAND's software-based QUANTiX SBC on Q21 COTS hardware
- Industry leading performance and scalability: up to 70,000* sessions in a 2 RU form factor;
- Energy efficient hardware platform enabling double digit savings in data center energy costs
- Innovative state-of-the-art software based media processing subsystem
- Worldwide deployment and interoperability in fixed and mobile service provider and enterprise networks
- Adaptive security to provide protection against network attacks, service thefts, and fraud
- Seamless session signaling, IP protocols, and media normalization via programmable policies
- Enhanced cost, profitability and quality-based session routing
- Regulatory compliance for Lawful Intercept and Emergency call prioritization
- GENView RSM for real time session visibility to monitor, analyze, report, and enforce network-wide quality and performance.
- Powerful adaptive call routing providing intelligent feedback and dynamic modification of rules and call routing behavior
- Multi-tenant support with unique partitioning to segment
- Network-wide licensing across multiple instances of SBCs for lower TCO
*depending on call model, codec, and customer specific configurations.