The QUANTiX™ Q21 is the 2U (2 rack unit) platform for GENBAND's QUANTiX SBC and eSBC, a market-leading, software-based, intelligent Session Border Controller that establishes session management for fixed, mobile, cable, and Over-the-Top operators and enterprises. Deployed globally in some of the world’s largest networks, the QUANTiX SBC provides industry-leading scale, security, session management, policy control, and deployment flexibility to enable seamless SIP Trunking, IP eXchange (IPX), IP Peering, Intra-Network Interconnect, Unified Multimedia Communications, VoLTE, and RCS solutions in IMS, and enterprise networks.
Software SBC deployed on COTS platforms like the Q21 provide substantial advantages over proprietary hardware implementations. This allows the benefits of Moore's Law advances in processing power, speed, and other hardware-related advances, and also provides more cost-effective operations via lower acquisition and installation costs, sparing, and maintenance.
- COTS hardware with innovative state-of-the-art software based media processing
- Industry leading performance and scalability: up to 70,000 sessions in a 2 RU form factor
- Optimal for large enterprises and call centers and any service provider networks
- Energy efficient hardware platform enabling double digit savings in data center energy costs
- Extensive interoperability experience with large number of service providers and enterprise PBXs helps launch services faster
- Solves real world interworking challenges in real time via advanced SIP message manipulation, onboard and distributed transcoding,
- Unmatched real time session visibility to monitor, analyze, report, and enforce network-wide quality and performance
- Powerful adaptive call routing providing intelligent feedback and dynamic modification of rules and call routing behavior
- Unique Multi-tenant support with partitioning capability to segment SBC for multiple operational needs
- Network-wide licensing across multiple instances of SBCs for significantly lower total cost of ownership