At the IP communications network edge, service providers and enterprises alike must overcome security, interoperability, and session management challenges in order to ensure seamless real time communications experiences for their end users.
GENBAND’s family of next generation cloud-enabled session border controllers provide robust security, simplified interoperability, advanced session management, and carrier grade reliability for fixed, mobile, cable and interconnect/wholesale service providers, as well as enterprises of all sizes. GENBAND’s session border controllers provide powerful deployment flexibility that enable high levels of service quality for applications such as SIP Trunking, Unified Multimedia Communications, VoLTE, VoWi-Fi, RCS and OTT. And with industry leading scalability, GENBAND’s SBC network enables seamless IP interconnections for IP eXchange (IPX), IP Peering, Intra-Network, and International Interconnects for the world’s largest networks.
Session Border Controller Solutions
GENBAND’s software-centric virtual SBC solutions providethe flexibility to be deployed on a COTS appliance, as a virtual machine, or in the NFV cloud. They can be deployed as an integrated SBC with its signaling software ACS (AdvancedControl Software) and media software AMS (Advanced Media Software)combined on a single platform; or as a distributed SBC with the signaling and media softwarefunctions physically separated, allowing independent scalability ofsignaling and media resources, sharing and pooling of media assets, improved geo-resiliency and optimized media routing.
- – a compact 1U (1 rack unit) COTS platform for up to 9,600 voice sessions
- – a workhorse 2RU COTS platform for up to 19,200 voice sessions
- – a high performance, high density 2RU COTS platform for up to 70,000 voice sessions
- – a powerful voice transcoder and media-processing platform for GENBAND’s distributed SBC solution – for up to 200,000 voice sessions
Session Border Controller Software
Session Border Controller Key Advantages:
- Industry leading scale and performance with smaller footprint and lowest energy consumption enabling double digit savings in data center energy costs
- Maximum deployment flexibility to independently scale signaling and media to optimize network investments
- Extensive interoperability experience with large number of service providers and enterprise PBXs helps launch services faster
- Solves real world interworking challenges in real time via advanced SIP message manipulation, onboard and distributed transcoding,
- Unmatched real time session visibility to monitor, analyze, report, and enforce network-wide quality and performance
- Powerful adaptive call routing providing intelligent feedback and dynamic modification of rules and call routing behavior
- Unique Multi-tenant support with partitioning capability to segment SBC for multiple operational needs
- Network-wide licensing across multiple instances of SBCs for significantly lower total cost of ownership