SIP Trunking adoption is steadily growing, creating security and interoperability challenges between the service provider and enterprise networks. GENBAND’s QUANTiX QFlex is an enterprise Session Border Controller (eSBC) that resolves these challenges by providing a demarcation point with adaptors that protect both the service provider SIP Trunks and enterprise local network, as well as enable proven interoperability with a wide variety of IP PBXs and other network elements.
Optimized for small to mid-sized businesses and branch offices of mid-to-large enterprises, the QUANTiX QFlex eSBC plays the role of a Back-to-Back User Agent (B2BUA) at the enterprise network edge and provides security, topology hiding, SIP ALGs, NAT/PAT translation, IP PBX interoperability and remote monitoring and management capabilities.
QFlex uniquely resolves multi-vendor interoperability issues by utilizing pre-loaded adaptors with profiles for all major IP PBX vendors, core session border controllers, and application server platforms. This simplifies and reduces the time-to-market for service providers to deploy SIP Trunking services, cutting the interoperability time from months to weeks. This unique interoperability approach also allows enterprises to use supplementary services such as call forwarding, transfer, and music-on-hold in a multi-vendor PBX environment, across different branch offices. QFlex also enables branch office consolidation over MPLS networks, routing traffic in IP-enabled call centers, and allowing remote users and satellite offices to securely connect to corporate IP communication systems. Features and functionality include:
- Profile-based Interoperability with all major IP PBX vendors and versions
- DoS/ DDoS Protection
- SIP over TCP to UDP transport interworking
- DTMF interworking (RFC2833, In-Band, SIP INFO)
- Trunk-specific call treatment policies
- Call Admission Control (session-based and resource-based)
- Emergency number prioritization
- QoS prioritization and reporting (jitter, latency, packet loss)
- Load balancing of traffic both on LAN and WAN sides
- Auto-discovery of QFlex by the Network Management System
- Remote management, Software upgrade/ installs, Diagnostics, Troubleshooting and Configuration SNMP and SOAP/ Web Services API to integrate with Network Management System
- Flexible network-wide licensing with shared license pool management capability