As software-centric development in communications continues to advance, service providers and enterprises are now able to benefit from Moore's Law advances in processing power and speed by utilizing standards-based platforms like commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware. GENBAND is a renowned global leader in communications-based software development, and the Intelligent Applications – Rack Mount Server (IA-RMS) is an advanced COTS hardware platform for GENBAND's software solutions.
Utilizing the latest generation of Intel processors, the carrier grade, fully-redundant IA-RMS server combines performance, ruggedness, reliability, and long life in a NEBS-3 and ETSI-compliant 2U chassis. This high performance, NEBS-3 compliant Rack Mount Server has been designed to withstand extreme heat, humidity, altitude and zone 4 earthquake shock as well as multiple other extreme environmental conditions.
GENBAND’s software for Call Controllers, SBCs, and Application Servers are supported on the IA-RMS, enabling solutions that include: IMS, VoLTE, RCS, SIP Trunking, IPX, Peering, Intra-Network Interconnect, and GENBAND’s SMART OFFICE.
- 19” rack mount, 20” depth
- 16 physical/32 virtual (hyper-threaded) cores
- 1 to 3 pairs of hot-swappable disks (300GB to 900GB)
- Redundant AC or Redundant DC Power
- Operators benefit from standard hardware and advanced GENBAND software applications
- Leverages the most recent processing performance from Intel
- Reduces sparing, inventory, and maintenance costs
- Unifies and consolidates hardware types across the network
- Designed for use in both data center and telco environments
- Carrier grade reliability and redundancy