Comprehensive portfolio gives mobile UC users more power to initiate collaboration – delivers superior experience across locations and devices
Frisco, Texas,Jan. 28, 2014 – GENBAND, a leading developer of multimedia and cloud communications solutions, today introduced SMART OFFICE 2.0, a premium unified communications (UC) experience delivered on an array of business devices and for the first time via WebRTC compliant web browsers. SMART OFFICE 2.0 is an end-to-end solution for enterprise-wide collaboration that makes a user’s business identity – their phone number – device independent. Through SMART OFFICE 2.0, users can dynamically access their communications from multiple devices and engage in chat, call, video conference or screen share from the location and device of their choice. A major pillar of GENBAND’s Generation Enterprise platform, SMART OFFICE 2.0 can be delivered to business, government and university customers as a cloud-based offering from service providers or deployed in an enterprise data center.
Designed for today’s mobile workforce and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) world, the solution’s new user experience is ideally suited for tablet applications and WebRTC compliant browsers. SMART OFFICE 2.0 can be deployed in a greenfield environment or in concert with traditional PBX hardware to marry smart devices and traditional office phones for a graceful migration strategy. SMART OFFICE 2.0 is powered by GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application Server, SPiDR™ WebRTC Gateway, QUANTiX™ Session Border Controller, GENView™ provisioning solution,and CONTiNUUM™ Call Session Controllers.
“There is no shortage of sophisticated enterprise collaboration and videoconference tools, but too many are separate, proprietary applications that go unused,” said David Walsh, CEO of GENBAND. “We deserve a single number that connects all of our devices, all of the time. When we want to share our screen with our team or start a video conference it should be easy to add our co-workers and partners as well as intuitive and instant. By embracing and implementing innovations like WebRTC, SMART OFFICE 2.0 assures that productivity and collaboration is always at users’ fingertips.”
SMART OFFICE 2.0 transforms enterprise communications from a proprietary, single vendor world to one that is more open and standards-based. The WebRTC real-time communication standard enables web browsers to manage real-time voice and video.Designed in HTML5, the SMART OFFICE 2.0 soft-client is the first WebRTC compliant multimedia user experience that delivers the premium suite of voice, video, conferencing, chat, presence and collaboration features through a browser.The WebRTC services complement other SMART OFFICE 2.0 deployment choices, including desktop IP phones, smartphones, tablets and PCs or Macs.
“We developed SMART OFFICE 2.0 based on our customers’ desires to unify and simplify the deployment and on-going management of a full UC solution, avoiding the burdens of integrating and operating disparate elements,” said BG Kumar, President of GENBAND’s Multimedia Business Unit. “SMART OFFICE 2.0 delivers all of the collaboration elements in one solution and our virtualization technology makes it possible to deploy it in the heart of a service provider’s network to serve millions or scale it down to a single enterprise. Since we don’t make phones, GENBAND doesn’t have a hidden hardware agenda and our customers can always leverage cost-effective standards-based SIP endpoints alongside our WebRTC client, without sacrificing experience or paying hidden licensing fees.”
Unlike existing solutions created for desktops and later adapted for smartphones and tablets, SMART OFFICE 2.0 is optimized for mobile, small form-factor devices and multitasking. SMART OFFICE 2.0 breakthrough features and industry firsts:
- Seamless escalation and de-escalation of collaboration tools:SMART OFFICE 2.0 enables users to seamlessly add, remove and switch collaboration tools mid-conversation. Users can start a conversation in chat, add others, move to an audio call, add video conference and screen share – all within the SMART OFFICE 2.0 client and without the need to launch separate applications, download plug ins or load software for basic collaboration.
- Conversation Management:Through one click, SMART OFFICE 2.0 enables users to reconnect an entire multimedia conversation with one or many participants – facilitating repeat and collaborative sessions with ease and eliminating cumbersome redialing and reconnecting of users each time.This premium feature is an industry first, delivering smarter collaboration tools specifically designed for today’s mobile worker.
- Multitasking within an application: Most mobile clients were designed for a PC and adapted to smaller form factors, making it difficult, if not impossible, for mobile users to carry on multiple conversations simultaneously. SMART OFFICE 2.0 enables users to simultaneously engage in a six-person video call while chatting or screen sharing with co-workers.
- Other key features include Call Grabber (seamless office/mobile call handoff), multi-party voice and video conferencing, presence, group chat, multi-party screen sharing, Microsoft® integration and Unified Messaging.
For more information on GENBAND’s SMART OFFICE 2.0 solution and Generation Enterprise visit http://www.GENBAND.com/solutions/smartexperience/smart-office.
- SMART OFFICE for the Enterprise
- SMART OFFICE 2.0 Solutions Brief
- GENBAND SPiDR WebRTC Gateway video
- SMART OFFICE video
- SAFE, SMART, SIMPLE White Paper
FROM THE CORE TO THE EDGE TO THE EXPERIENCETM, GENBAND is a global leader in smart networking solutions for service providers and enterprises in over 80 countries. The company’s technology improves IP networks by making them more scalable, secure, profitable and efficient. GENBAND’s market-leading technology supports multimedia voice, data and video sessions and fixed-mobile unified communications applications that scale on public and private networks. With a flexible, cloud-ready platform, GENBAND’s IMS, edge and application solutions help its customers compete effectively by increasing revenues, improving profitability, and attracting and retaining customers. To learn more, visit us on the web at www.GENBAND.com.
GENBAND, the GENBAND logo and icon are trademarks of GENBAND.
+1 (972) 521-5921