GENBAND Highlights Industry Leadership in WebRTC, Carrier OTT and Network Functions Virtualization at Mobile World Congress 2014
Advancements in NFV to be featured in VIP executive panel discussion
Barcelona, Feb. 19, 2014– GENBAND, a leading developer of multimedia and cloud communications solutions, today announced it will demonstrate its industry-leading WebRTC/HTML5, carrier Over-the-Top (OTT) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) mobility solutions at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Feb. 24 – 27. Key components from its mobility portfolio will also be featured, including the industry’s first WebRTC-enabled SMART OFFICE Unified Communications platform; the recently announced uReach intelligent messaging technologies and the NUViA™ cloud offering.
“Our market-leading mobility solutions, which include our SPiDR WebRTC Gateway interwork with today’s SIP-based mobile architectures to help our operator customers deliver significantly differentiated offerings,”said Brad Bush, Chief Marketing Officer at GENBAND. “GENBAND continues to be at the forefront of emerging technologies such as WebRTC, carrier OTT and NFV that empower our customers to create new revenue streams and improve profitability. We are delighted to showcase these market-leading solutions at Mobile World Congress – the premier networking event in the communications industry.”
All of GENBAND’s mobility solutions are tightly aligned with emerging cloud enablement technologiesincluding NFV, enabling the company to offer software-based, on-demand services that deliver customers greater capital efficiency through automation and self-configuration. This market leadership will be showcased during GENBAND Multimedia Business Unit President, BG Kumar’s, participation in a VIP executive panel discussion hosted by HP – NFV: The New Business of the Network.
A member of the ETSI NFV Industry Specification Group (ISG), GENBAND is closely involved in the progression of the NFV movement and is committed to evolving its already cloud-ready solutions to NFV in lockstep with customer requirements.
- SMART OFFICE 2.0 is the industry’s first WebRTC-enabled Unified Communications (UC) solution, allowing users to dynamically access their communications from multiple devices and engage in chat, call, videoconference or screen share from the location and device of their choice.
- SPiDR™ WebRTC Gateway provides an intelligent bridge between traditional VoIP networks and the open ecosystem of the Internet, leveraging real-time embedded communications and making possible the industry’s first commercial WebRTC-enabled solutions.
- GENBAND fring™ carrier OTT provides an easy-to-use, white-label service that includes capabilities for mobile group video chat, 2-way video chat, voice-only calls and text chat and allows carriers to offer customers solutions to combat skyrocketing roaming charges.
- GENBAND’s Network Functions Virtualization solution fully supports the elasticity and orchestration requirements for cloud and virtualized environments, which enable operators to effectively and efficiently evolve their networks, dramatically reducing OPEX and CAPEX, as well as enabling them to significantly decrease time to market for new and revenue generating services.
- Intelligent Messaging solution suite includes Advanced VoiceMail, VideoMail, VisionMail and VirtualReceptionist. These solutions are mobile, social and visual, offering carriers the latest voicemail, auto-attendant, fax, unified messaging, mobile fax, and mobile visual voicemail capabilities.
- NUViA™ Cloud Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) allows mobile operators to quickly take to market extensive multimedia communications services and experiences that go well beyond standard RCS capabilities for consumers.
Visit GENBAND in Hall 2, Booth 2N31.
FROM THE CORE TO THE EDGE TO THE EXPERIENCETM, GENBAND is a global leader in smart networking solutions for service providers and enterprises in over 80 countries. The company’s technology improves IP networks by making them more scalable, secure, profitable and efficient. GENBAND’s market-leading technology supports multimedia voice, data and video sessions and fixed-mobile unified communications applications that scale on public and private networks. With a flexible, cloud-ready platform, GENBAND’s IMS, edge and application solutions help its customers compete effectively by increasing revenues, improving profitability, and attracting and retaining customers. To learn more, visit us on the web at www.GENBAND.com.
GENBAND, the GENBAND logo and icon are trademarks of GENBAND.
+1 (972) 521-592