GENBAND is committed reducing its impact on the environment at all levels, including that of our employees and of the communities in which GENBAND operates, as well as that of our customers’ employees and site of operation, by implementing an effective Environmental Management System and setting Objectives and Targets to:
- Continually improve the Environmental Management System and its Environmental Performance
- Reduce and optimize consumption of natural resources
- Prevent hazardous/banned substances from entering our products
- Recycle those resources required for operation in the global marketplace
- Comply with applicable environmental legislation
- Prevent pollution within our products’ life cycle
EU Environmental Directives Statement of Compliance
GENBAND is committed to the protection of the environment for the benefit of future generations and the continual improvement of environmental management and performance, wherever it conducts business. Accordingly, GENBAND has implemented necessary process changes to comply with the following European Union Environmental Directives:
- WEEE Directive 2002/96/EC - Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive;
- RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC - Restriction on the use of certain Hazardous substances in electrical and electronics equipment Directive;
- Batteries Directive 2006/66/EC - Batteries and Accumulators and Waste Batteries and Accumulators Directive.
This statement represents GENBAND’s current understanding of the EU Directives. This current understanding is reviewed as modifications are made to the Directives, subject to EU Commission reviews and interpretation by the courts.
GENBAND complies with the requirements specified in the WEEE, RoHS and Battery Directives for products that are Put on the EU Market. GENBAND continues to collaborate with Suppliers, Contract Manufacturers, Industry Consortiums, and other Supply Chain Partners in order to ensure compliance with the Directives. GENBAND remains dedicated to maintain its reputation in respect of environmental matters and is therefore supportive of the European Union environmental objectives as well as other similar initiatives currently under review in many other countries around the world.
GENBAND is committed to the protection of the environment for the benefit of future generations and the continual improvement of environmental management and performance, wherever it conducts business, including support of REACH. REACH is the latest in the family of environmental directives, which makes industry responsible for assessing and managing the risks posed by chemicals and providing appropriate safety information to their users.
Although GENBAND is a producer of articles (as defined by REACH), it produces no articles that release substances during normal operation; therefore, there is no registration requirement at this time. Where products contain Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) over 0.1% product weight and or a total exceeding a ton per year of each substance, GENBAND will disclose or report, as appropriate, these substances to product users.
Cables and power cords supplied with GENBAND products may contain >0.1% w/w of the following substances (which are plasticizers):
- Bis (2-ethyl(hexyl)phthalate) (DEHP) CAS No 117-81-7
- Benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP) CAS No 85-68-7
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP) CAS No 84-74-2
- Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP) CAS No 84-69-5
- Tris(2-chloroethyl)phosphate (TCEP) CAS No 115-96-8
GENBAND is committed to the protection of the environment for the benefit of future generations and the continual improvement of environmental management and performance, wherever it conducts business. GENBAND complies with all relevant legislation in the countries in which it operates.
To comply with China RoHS Legislation, GENBAND labels all products manufactured for GENBAND and sold into China. Products that exceed the allowable Maximum Concentration Value (MCV) are labeled with the appropriate “Environment Friendly Used Period” or “EFUP” label. In addition to the EFUP, a “Hazardous Substance Table” (HST) document is made available. The “Unified Hazardous Substance Table” (UHST) document indicates hazardous substances that may be contained in GENBAND products. GENBAND products sold into China that do not have an HST document included with the product can reference the UHST document provided here.
Design for Environment (DfE)
As a producer, GENBAND has responsibility to design products and services that address sound environmental design practices with designs that are resource efficient, contain fewer hazardous materials, and anticipate future regulatory requirements. Design for Environment (DfE) seeks to eliminate potential negative environmental impacts that result from a product or process during its lifecycle. Good environmental design practice includes
- Reduced quantity of materials used
- Reduced power requirements
- Modular design concepts
- End-of-life disposal and recyclability of materials
- Substitution of hazardous substances