GENBAND is a global leader in smart networking solutions for service providers and enterprises in more than 80 countries. From the Core to the Edge to the Experience™, the company’s technology seamlessly evolves IP networks to new levels in scalability, security, profitability and efficiency. GENBAND’s market-leading technology facilitates multimedia voice, data and video sessions and “anywhere” and “any device” services that scale on public and private networks. GENBAND is headquartered in Frisco, Texas, and has R&D, sales and support resources in more than 50 countries.
MAKING NETWORKS SMARTER
Significant challenges in the market are fueling our Making Networks Smarter approach. Even the most sophisticated service providers are grappling to meet the ever-increasing demands of today’s marketplace. As users’ appetites for connecting across networks, devices, social networking sites and technologies increase, the rigidness and shortcomings of communications infrastructures become further-exposed, restricting future revenue opportunities and jeopardizing operator’s most valuable asset – subscriber loyalty. Service providers and enterprises require software and technology with the intelligence to span the multiple technology and compatibility chasms at the core, edges and application layers of today’s networks. They especially need to enable services that redefine the user experience for the 21st century.
GENBAND’s Advanced Professional Services portfolio delivers innovative, value-added IP capabilities designed to extend and enhance network capabilities through integration, customization and optimization. GENBAND’s globally-deployed team helps customers streamline the introduction of multimedia services, improve end-to-end network performance, decrease operating costs, and improve customer satisfaction and retention.
GENBAND has an enviable record of growth, achieving a 110 percent CAGR over the last nine years. The company was founded in 1999, and under the guidance of focused, aggressive leadership it has grown from a single product start-up into one of the largest global software and communications technology companies in the world. This growth was achieved organically by offering innovative, carrier-grade, scalable software and technology platforms to communications service providers and enterprises. GENBAND has also undergone considerable transformation in the last decade through a series of targeted corporate and technology acquisitions, as well as strategic partnerships.
- 1999 – Company founded as General Bandwidth
- 2004 – Charlie Vogt named GENBAND President and CEO
- 2006 – General Bandwidth becomes GENBAND
- 2006 – GENBAND Acquires Siemens DCO Business (IP Switching)
- 2007 – GENBAND Acquires TEKELEC Switching Solutions Group (IP Switching)
- 2008 – GENBAND Acquires NextPoint Networks (SBC/Security)
- 2009 – GENBAND Acquires Nokia Siemens Networks Product Units (Trunking Media Gateways)
- 2010 – GENBAND Acquires Nortel Carrier Voice and Applications Solutions (IP Switching)
- 2010 – GENBAND Named #1 Supplier in the Global Service Provider VoIP Market (Softswitches, Media Gateways, Session Border Controllers, Media Servers and Applications)
- 2010 – GENBAND Named Leading Carrier IP Softswitch Supplier in North America, with more than 60% Revenue Share
- 2011 – GENBAND Acquires Cedar Point Communications (IP Switching)
- 2012 – GENBAND Acquires Aztek Networks (IP Switching)
- 2012 – GENBAND Ranked No.1 on The Wall Street Journal List of Top 50 Venture Backed Companies